$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST
Balgowlah Class – Reservation – Monday’s, 11:15am
– For full class info, scroll down to ‘Description’ below.
– Classes are $280 which includes eBook (+$10 for paperback).
– Payment options: VISA, Mastercard, PayPal or Bank Transfer.
How to book:
– Select your class date, book type and payment choice to the cart and checkout.
– Book Type: eBook is no extra cost, whereas paperback is +$10.
– We require at least a 50% deposit to secure your booking, or you can send the full amount. If 50% payment, return to this page and make a second payment by the class date.
– Bank transfer reservations are confirmed once the funds are received.
– If the class is full, orders can be assigned to the next available class.
– Info on: missed classes and cancellations
– See NSW Health order info below: classes continue during restrictions.
Dog training classes for teenage or rescue dogs in Balgowlah run for five sessions (one hour each session) and costs $280 which includes a starter-pack, hand-out notes and Barbara’s eBook on teenage dogs (upgrade to paperback +$10).
Training for teenage or rescue dogs – Balgowlah
- Monday’s 11:15am
- 5 sessions over 4 weeks, one hour each session
- Lesson 1 is a theory lesson on video and can be watched at home in your own time.
- Lessons 2–5 are in-person from the start date.
- Dog vaccination history required before your pups first class.
- We take a maximum of eight dogs in this course.
- Location: Balgowlah Scout Hall, Pickworth Ave.
This class is designed for teenage and rescue dogs from 4 months (16 weeks) and focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement. Goodog will provide revision of the basics (attention, sit, lie down, leave it) and then moves onto getting your dog’s attention, self control, sit for greeting (not jumping up), lie down, walk on a loose lead, coffee shop manners and dog park behaviour, door and car etiquette, meeting people, kids and other dogs, the all-important come when called, stay, leave things such as chicken bones in the street or cats and other exciting things to be avoided, tricks, games and an introduction to Agility.
Goodog training for teenage or rescue dogs will set your dog up for being the perfect companion when out and about and being calm when home alone.
Do not schedule desexing or surgery just before or during the course. Training occurs every day over the course and dogs need rest, they will miss a class and we cannot schedule a make-up session. Also, remember to research about breeds and the best ages to desex your pup. Here’s an article to start: Desexing.
Read all about Barbara’s book here: How to love and survive your teenage dog.
- The eBook can be read on browser or ebook readers via iOS, Android, Mac, PC, Kindle Fire or Chromebook.
- Add the free Vitalsource Bookshelf app to your device and create a free account.
- Goodog will send full instructions once class is purchased.
- More about Vitalsource Bookshelf.
- Retail cost: $24, however no extra cost with a Goodog Teenage class.
- ISBN 978-1-922452-05-4
- The paperback retails at $29, however is $10 with a Goodog Teenage class.
- The paperback is available in from the first in-person class. If you’d like the book earlier, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (shipping $9.90).
- ISBN 978-1-922337-56-6
NSW Health order info:
Classes continue during the Northern Beaches restrictions. Goodog is currently monitoring the announcements for the Northern Beaches as of December 2020 and into 2021.
- If further restrictions are announced this class will move outside of the hall until they ease again. Or, if outdoor activities are also restricted this class will move online (live), with additional in-person classes (see next main bullet point).
- The start time and day for online classes might change.
- If you attend extended online classes, Goodog offers additional in-person playgroup sessions once the health order eases, and at no extra cost.
- When in class please keep to a maximum of 3 persons per pup and maintain 4sqm distancing from other groups, also when entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall. We may be able to accommodate some requests for guests, let us know.
- More info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Your trainer is: Barbara
In 2015 Barbara completed her Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology at the Companion Animal Sciences Institute in Canada.
Barbara has been involved in dog training for the last 20 years and has completed her Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services with the Delta Society in 2007 and is a professional member of the Delta Institute.
She competes in the dog sport of Agility and Rally O and Shellbe (a German short-haired pointer) competes on Master level in Agility and Rally O. Chillax, one of Shellbe’s puppies, competes in Rally O and got his Rally Novice title in October 2019. He is just starting out in Agility.
Barbara is the President of the Pet Professional Guild Australia. The Guild promotes force free and humane training for all pets. View Barbara’s and all our trainers full profiles in About Us.
You can contact Barbara on Barbara@goodog.com.au.
You may also like…
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Seaforth$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Terrey Hills$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options
Fun Agility Class – Balgowlah$25.00 inc. GST Select options
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Collaroy$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options