$125.00 – $250.00 inc. GST
Puppy Preschool Balgowlah
Saturdays, 1:30pm or 2:40pm ♿️
- Full course info: scroll to the Description section.
- Age: for puppies starting between 8-14 weeks.
- Puppy training and socialisation info: puppy socialisation.
- Location: Balgowlah Scout Hall.
- Cost: $250 for 5 Lessons
- This course is rolling every 4 weeks and puppies can join each Saturday – where available.
- ♿️ Accessibility: Balgowlah Scout Hall is accessible. Email Renée for info.
- Policy: on missed classes and cancellations.
- Summer break: Classes break over the end-of-year period between 24th Dec 2023 – 12th Jan 2024. Any courses commencing from 6th Dec, therefore have a training break and resume from Sat 13th Jan. We provide plenty of homework to go over during this time.
How to book:
- Returning Goodog client? Login to your account first: My Account – reset the password if necessary. Then follow the first purchase steps below.
- First purchase with Goodog:
- Select start date and payment type from the dropdown menu.
- Add the item to the cart and checkout – we accept VISA, Mastercard or PayPal.
- At least a 50% deposit is required to secure your booking, or pay the full amount.
- Return to this page to pay any balance before class starts.
- Pay in 4 instalments: available with PayPal Pay in 4. Add product to cart, select PayPal in the checkout, then the Pay in 4 button.
Goodog Puppy Preschool Balgowlah is for socialisation and training and puppies starting between 8 –14 weeks.
Goodog Puppy Preschool Balgowlah, Saturdays 1:30pm or 2:40pm
- Why Puppy Preschool?: We strongly recommend Goodog Puppy Preschool for better training and socialisation outcomes for puppies now and throughout their life. At Goodog, we aim for a well socialised puppy who interacts with other people, children and dogs in an appropriate and confident way.
- Goodog is one of the few schools providing carefully moderated off-leash interaction and play for puppies with qualified trainers.
- Socialisation is much more than puppy-to-puppy interaction though, and so we guide you on how to achieve full socialisation during the course and throughout their puppyhood. Read more about Socialisation.
- Puppy age: puppies need to start preschool sometime between 8-14 weeks for the best training and socialisation outcomes. If your pup is 13-14 weeks and classes are full, contact us as we may have last minute options for older pups – email@example.com. If your pup is 15+ weeks your pup needs to join the Teenage Course.
- Class times: are every Saturday at either 1:30pm, or 2:40pm in Balgowlah. This course is rolling every 4 weeks and puppies can join each Saturday – where available. It’s ok to join at any point of the course as long as the 4 in-person classes are taken in a row. Classes are 1 hour as more than 1 hour can be too tiring for pups and they lose interest.
- Class size: we accept a maximum of six pups in this course.
- Start dates: The date listed on this page is the in-person start date and is therefore Lesson 2. Lesson 1 is a video lesson to complete in your own time before the in-person start date. Lesson 1 covers important theory so we can jump straight into practical training when we meet in-person.
- What’s included in the course?:
- Lessons: There are 5 lessons.
- Lesson 1: is a video theory lesson which you complete in your own time before the first in-person class (Lesson 2). Going through the theory before we meet helps us concentrate on practical training in class instead of listening to us talk. The theory covers how pups learn, their development, basic training plus to get you started on toilet training. A toilet training guide is also sent as soon as you book into the course.
- Lessons 2-5: we’ll cover house training, how to combat mouthing/biting/chewing, being home alone, name recognition, recall basics (come when called), how to prevent jumping-up, combating barking and digging, exchanging items they shouldn’t have, crate training, or any specific issues you bring up each week. Plus, puppy training skills, reward training, environmental socialisation, puppy-to-puppy socialisation, communication, appropriate play with other puppies, handling pups the right way and safe interaction with children. Also, tricks to help with communication and training success such as sit, lie down, roll-over and high five.
- Emails/handouts/links: you’ll receive a class recap and homework email each week to continue training at-home. Most training occurs at home between classes so referring to the emails helps keep you on track.
- Phone support: if you have any training questions during (or after) the course, call us and we’ll go over training concept with you.
- Puppy Playdates: Goodog puppy graduates can join our Puppy Playdates program, where you can arrange park dates with other Goodog puppy graduates. We have puppies listed in the Northern Beaches, Greater Sydney, other parts of NSW and in VIC if you’re travelling.
- Lessons: There are 5 lessons.
- Puppies require their 1st vaccination to start class (classes are indoors). Please email us their certificate after booking into the course.
- Balgowlah Puppy trainer: is Amy (trainers may change). See all trainer profiles.
- Missing a class: There are no make-up classes so please attend your scheduled class.
- ♿️ Accessibility: This course at Balgowlah Scout Hall has accessible options as does the Wednesday Puppy Preschool in Terrey Hills. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
- All start dates/locations: Check Our Next Classes for start dates at all locations.
- Goodog Puppy Preschool can sell-out approx. 3–5 weeks in advance so book early and as soon as you decide to welcome a new puppy.
- If your pup is already over the age limits for Puppy Preschool, book into a Teenage Dog training course.
- Goodog classes require a minimum number of confirmed bookings to go ahead, which is good for us but also good for puppy socialisation and interaction. If we feel the number won’t be reached we may combine the two classes on Saturday afternoon to one time (1:30pm or 2:40pm).