$125.00 – $250.00 inc. GST
Puppy Preschool Balgowlah – Saturday’s, 1:30pm or 2:40pm
- We strongly recommend Puppy Preschool for better training and socialisation outcomes.
- For full class info, scroll down to ‘Description’ below.
- Goodog Puppy Preschool runs for 5 classes over 4 weeks with 1 at-home recorded lesson and 4 LIVE classes.
- This class is rolling every 4 weeks and puppies can join each Saturday where available.
- Puppies should join preschool anytime between 8-14 weeks with at least their 1st vaccination.
- If your pup is 13-14 weeks and the classes are full, contact us as we might have solutions for older pups.
- When classes are At-Home LIVE we can extend this period to 8–20 weeks for some pups, however we recommend starting before 14 weeks were possible.
- The date shown is the start date of your course. We book all your classes once we receive a booking/payment.
- In-person classes recommenced on Saturday 16th October:
- In-person classes are accessible to fully vaccinated people who can show their status and to those with accredited exemptions.
- Health orders:
- If health restrictions occur, classes may move to the At-Home LIVE classes format.
- If you attend two or more At-Home LIVE classes Goodog offers additional in-person socialisation once the health order eases, at no extra cost.
- There are benefits for pups when they train At-Home LIVE. Read about the benefits and other At-Home FAQs here.
How to book:
Already made a purchase with Goodog? Login to your account first: My Account – reset your password if necessary. Then follow the steps below.
- Add your item to the cart and checkout – we accept VISA, Mastercard or PayPal.
- If also purchasing the paperback book, please do so in a separate transaction otherwise the shipping will calculate incorrectly. We will refund the extra amount if this occurs.
- If the class is full, orders are assigned to the next available class.
- At least a 50% deposit is required to secure your booking, or pay the full amount.
- Return to this page to pay any balance before class starts.
- Info and policy on: missed classes and cancellations.
Goodog Puppy Preschool Balgowlah is for socialisation and training and puppies starting between 8 –14 weeks.
Goodog Puppy Preschool Balgowlah
- The class:
- Class is every Saturday at either 1:30pm, or 2:40pm in Balgowlah or At-Home LIVE during health order restrictions.
- This class is rolling every 4 weeks and puppies can join each Saturday – where available.
- 5 lessons: 4 LIVE lessons, one hour per week and 1 at-home recorded lesson (28mins) to complete in your own time. More than 1 hour can be too tiring for pups and they can lose interest.
- You receive a class recap and homework email each week to continue training at-home between classes.
- Goodog supplies treats and chews, however please bring your own if your puppy has a sensitive stomach. Please arrange your pups treats for At-Home LIVE classes.
- If you attend two or more At-Home LIVE classes, we add in-person puppy-to-puppy socialisation later on when the health order allows it.
- Goodog Puppy Students and Graduates also have access to our Puppy Playdates program, where you can arrange park dates with other Goodog puppies. This is especially helpful during stay-at-home orders as we list each puppies LGA, and people can meet for exercise and recreation in the same LGA, or 5km from their home. We have puppies listed in the Northern Beaches, Greater Sydney, other parts of NSW and in VIC.
- Prerequisites for in-person classes:
- Puppies require their 1st vaccination to start class (classes are indoors).
- Puppies can start preschool sometime between 8-14 weeks. If your pup is 13-14 weeks and classes are full, contact us as we sometimes have last minute options for older pups – email@example.com.
- Prerequisites for At-Home LIVE classes.
- Puppies can start preschool sometime between 8-20 weeks. We can extend this period because all pups are at-home and older puppies are not mingling with the younger pups. If your pup is 19-20 weeks and classes are full, contact us as we sometimes have last minute options for older pups – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are no make-up classes so please attend your scheduled class.
- Check Our Next Classes for all start dates.
A good Puppy Preschool is invaluable for a well adjusted dog and we’ll set you up for success from day one.
- Goodog Puppy Preschool can sell-out approx. 3–5 weeks in advance so book early and as soon as you decide to welcome a new puppy.
- If your pup is already over the age limits for Puppy Preschool, book into a Teenage Dog training class
- Goodog classes require a minimum number of confirmed bookings to go ahead, which is good for us but also good for puppy socialisation and interaction. If we feel the number won’t be reached we may combine the two classes on Saturday afternoon to one time (1:30pm or 2:40pm).
NSW Health Order info
Classes continue during health order restrictions.
- If restrictions are announced some classes may move outdoors (to a safe space), another location or time, or be At-Home LIVE (online). If you attend extended At-Home LIVE classes, Goodog offers additional in-person socialisation once the health order eases and at no extra cost.
- Read more about how At-Home LIVE online classes work.
- When attending in-person classes during health orders please keep to the attendee limits.
- Usually this is 2 people per pup and can be reduced depending on the order.
- We may be able to accommodate some requests for extra guests, let us know.
- Also please maintain distancing from other groups when in class, entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall.
- Latest health order updates and info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Your trainer is: Jess*
Jess trains Goodog classes:
🐶 Puppy Preschool on Saturday’s in Balgowlah
🐶 Teenage dogs on Thursday’s in Collaroy
In 2014, Jess completed her first dog training accreditation through TAFE NSW and continued her training with the below programs.
- SOA Dog Training (TAFE NSW)
- Certificate II Animal Studies
- Diploma Canine Behaviour Science and Technology (CASI)
- Living and Learning with Animals (Behaviour Works)
- Member of Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- Member of Pet Professional Guild (PPGA)
- Member of Association of Animal Behaviour Professionals
Learn more about Jess and other Goodog trainers here: About Us
* Trainers may change.