NSW Health order: Classes still continue during any restrictions. Please see how that works in the NSW Health Order info below.
About Goodog Puppy Preschool
At Goodog Puppy Preschool, we set you and your puppy up for a fun and (almost) stress free puppyhood and a successful life together. The main aim of our classes are socialisation and training.
Socialisation: We want a well socialised puppy who interacts with other people, children and dogs in an appropriate and confident way. We are one of the few classes which provides carefully moderated off-leash interaction and play for the puppies.
Training: We will cover house training, mouthing/chewing, safe interaction with children, appropriate play with other puppies, jumping, digging, barking and any other question you might have. After the class your puppy will sit, lie down, come when called and know a couple of tricks like roll over and high five.
Puppy Preschool class details
- Puppies can start anytime between 8 to 14 weeks and need only their 1st vaccination to commence.
- We require an emailed copy of your puppy’s vaccination certificate before any in-person activity.
- The class is 5 lessons: 4 weeks in-person with 1 video lesson in your own time at home (30 mins). The 4 in-person classes are one hour each week. More than 1 hour is too tiring for pups.
- Goodog supplies treats and chews, however please bring your own if your pup has a sensitive stomach.
- Cost is $250
- Family members are encouraged to attend (within health order guidelines).
- You will receive a class recap and homework email after each lesson with extra info and links to help you train at home.
- Check the events page Our Next Classes for start dates.
A good puppy class is invaluable for a well adjusted dog and will set you up for success from day one.
You should book into Puppy Preschool as soon as you decide to welcome a puppy. Goodog Puppy Preschool can sell-out approx. 2–4 weeks in advance.
Goodog Puppy Preschool locations:
– Saturday’s in Balgowlah at 1:30pm and 2:40pm
– Tuesday’s at Seaforth Vet at 6pm
– Wednesday’s in Terrey Hills at 6pm (previously the Forestville class)
NSW Health Order info
- If restrictions are announced this class may move outside of the hall until they ease again. If outdoor activities are also restricted, or the outdoor spot is not deemed safe for puppies this class will move online (live), or to another location. Online classes include additional in-person classes (see next bullet point). The start time or day for outdoor or online classes might change.
- If you attend extended online classes, Goodog offers additional in-person puppy playgroup sessions once the health order eases, and at no extra cost.
- When in class please keep to a maximum of 2people per pup and maintain 2sqm distancing from other groups when in class, entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall. We may be able to accommodate some requests for guests, let us know.
- Stay away if you are unwell. Another family member/friend who you’ve had no contact with can attend with your puppy or we will arrange a make-up session where available and when you are well again.
- More info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Goodog owner Barbara Hodel is Delta qualified and a member of the Delta Institute and Professional Pet Guild Australia. Barbara also holds a Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology and is the President of the Pet Professional Guild Australia (PPGA). View our trainer profiles here.
Puppy Preschool info for classes on the Northern Beaches.