NSW Health order: Classes still continue during Northern Beaches and Greater Sydney restrictions. Read how that works in the prior to class section below.
- Class guidelines:
- How were classes affected: in Jan 2021
- NSW Gov health order updates
Goodog has developed guidelines to protect our clients and staff and are registered as a COVID Safe business with the NSW Government. If you have any questions please email Renée on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goodog is a small business, so please help us to continue operating and abide with the guidelines and NSW health orders.
Prior to class:
- Distancing: The 2sqm rule is for any class exceeding 25 people – as per the NSW Health Order. Goodog classes are usually below 25 people.
- Class limits: At the time of booking, clients are advised how many people can attend with each pup. The current limits are below and may change:
- All Goodog classes: 2 people per pup.
- Extra attendees: We may be able to accommodate extra attendees. To request extra people per pup spots, please email Renée on email@example.com.
- Extra attendee availability: If many clients request extra attendee spots, we rotate availability each week so all clients can bring other family members sometime during the course.
- Attendee registration: register attendee names with Goodog who are additional to the original booking name. Clients should advise Goodog if their attendee list changes.
- Surfaces: Chairs and surfaces used for classes are cleaned before and after class.
- Health order changes: If further restrictions are announced some classes may move outdoors (to a safe space), another location, or online (live). If you attend extended online classes, Goodog offers additional in-person playgroup sessions once the health order eases, and at no extra cost.
- People per pup: Keep a maximum of 2 people per pup, or booking group. We may be able to accommodate some requests for extra attendees, let us know.
- Distancing: 2sqm distancing is applicable once the class is 25+ people when in class, entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall. Usually classes do not exceed 25 people.
- Chairs: Stay in your seat when in class, unless asked by the instructor to work with your pup away from your chairs.
- Illness: Stay away if you are unwell. Another family member/friend who you’ve had no contact with can attend with your puppy, or a make-up session might be an option when you are well again (pending availability). Let us know as soon as you can and prior to class. Also, read the missed classes and cancellations policy.
- Masks: Between 5pm Thursday 6th May 2021 and 12:01am Monday 17th May 2021 masks are required or recommended for indoor public spaces. Goodog is recommending that clients wear a mask to class. So far outside of this time, masks are not a covid requirement for class, however if you are ill (standard illness) then please wear a mask for the comfort of others.
- QR code: The trainer will display the Goodog Service NSW app in each class.
How were classes affected by the Northern Beaches health order?
- No classes were affected and all Goodog classes continued in-person. NB: classes were not scheduled during the initial ‘essential movement only’ lockdown. However, were scheduled during the 4sqm restrictions in public places and went ahead.
- Distancing: Due to the return of the 4sqm indoor distancing order during January, the people per pup rule stayed at 2 with no extra guests accepted.
- Masks: It was not a requirement, however Goodog asked clients to wear masks during class to protect themselves, our trainers and other clients.
- Health order changes: If further restrictions were announced some classes could have moved outdoors (to a safe space), another location, or online (live). If anyone attended extended online classes, Goodog offered additional in-person playgroup sessions once the health order eased, and at no extra cost. Luckily, classes remained in-person, indoors with no changes in January 2021.
- Start times: if changes were needed some evening outdoor classes might be earlier to capture the light before sundown (there are no lights outside the halls). Also, the start time and day for online classes might have changed.
- Zones: All Goodog classes are in the southern zone of the Northern Beaches.
- QR code: The trainer displayed the Goodog Service NSW app code in each class.
- Updates: If there were any changes to classes, Renée emailed clients.
NSW Health order updates:
- Update 9th May, 2021: Changes to the Greater Sydney guidelines were announced on Thursday 9th May and some restrictions will continue from the announcement on 6th May. Between 9th May 2021 and 12:01am 17th May 2021 masks are required or recommended for indoor public spaces. Community halls fall under the recommended category and so while masks are not a requirement Goodog is recommending that clients wear masks to keep our classes safe, and so they can continue. If there is an associated case with a community hall, the class might be delayed and we believe that clients (and us) would like to avoid that outcome. So far outside of this time, masks are not a covid requirement for class, however if you are ill (standard illness) then please wear a mask for the comfort of others. Additionally, no more than 20 people can gather indoors, however Goodog classes are below 20 people.
- Update 6th May, 2021: Changes to the Greater Sydney guidelines were announced on Thursday 6th May and some restrictions have returned. Between 5pm 6th May 2021 and 12:01am 10th May 2021 masks are required for all indoor public spaces. So far outside of this time, masks are not a covid requirement for class, however if you are ill (standard illness) then please wear a mask for the comfort of others. Additionally, no more than 20 people can gather indoors, however Goodog classes are below 20 people.
- Update 24th March, 2021: Changes to the N.S.W. government guidelines were announced on Wednesday 24th March as venue restrictions have eased. Classes are still restricted at 2 people per pup with some room for extra guests upon request.
- Update 10th February, 2021: Changes to the N.S.W. government guidelines were announced on Wednesday 10th February 2021 as the 4 sqm rule has eased to 2 sqm. Classes are still restricted at 2 people per pup with some room for extra guests upon request.
- Update 10th January, 2021: The rules for the Northern Zone of the Northern Beaches have eased and return to the rules for Greater Sydney. Welcome back to our northern zone clients.
- Update 2nd January, 2021: From 12am 3rd January 2021, the southern zone of the Northern Beaches returns to the rules for Greater Sydney. As all Goodog classes are in the southern zone, classes continue in-person. Goodog continues to use the COVID Safe plan for all classes. Due to the return of the 4sqm rule, the people per pup rule is back to 2 and the Seaforth Vet classes in January will move to Balgowlah Scout Hall. Also, due to the mask requirements for some indoor activities, Goodog hopes to see clients in masks during class to protect our trainers, clients and themselves. However, wearing a mask in classes is not deemed a requirement by NSW Health.
- Update 26th December, 2020: From 27th December, the health order reverts back to the stay-at-home orders on the Northern Beaches. If these continue to 9th January 2021, the first puppy class of 2021 on 9th January will move outdoors (to a safe space), another location, or online (live). If you attend online classes for an extended period, Goodog offers puppy-to-puppy playgroup sessions when the health order eases at no extra charge. All Goodog classes are in the southern zone of the Northern Beaches.
- Update 20th December, 2020: While this update involves Greater Sydney we anticipate the 4sqm rule will return to the Northern Beaches when the current Northern Beaches order eases. Therefore, the Goodog policy has returned to the 4sqm rule when classes return in future.
- Update 19th December, 2020: The health order update for the Northern Beaches does not allow any classes until at least 23rd December 11:59pm. This does not affect Goodog at this time considering there are no classes scheduled until 9th January 2021.
- Update 17th December, 2020: A public health alert has been announced for the Northern Beaches. Residents of the Northern Beaches are to remain at home until 11:59pm on Sunday 20th December. Therefore the Puppy Preschool in Balgowlah on Saturday 19th December will move online (live class). If you are enrolled in this class, Goodog sent an email update today (17th Dec, 7:40pm) about the changes. Or, email us for more info firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update 7th December, 2020: Changes to the N.S.W. government guidelines were announced on Monday 7th December 2020 as restrictions have eased. The Goodog plan has therefore updated to reflect the new 2sqm rule.
If you have any questions about NSW Health Order requirements, email us email@example.com.