NSW Health order: Classes still continue during the Northern Beaches restrictions. Please see how that works in the NSW Health Order info below
Goodog Teenage & Rescue Dog Classes
For Teenage & Rescue dog training see below. You can also email us with any questions email@example.com, call 0424 740 234 or make a booking.
Dog training classes for teenage or rescue dogs in Balgowlah run for five sessions (one hour each session) and costs $280 which includes an introductory video (lesson 1 theory), starter-pack, hand-out notes and Barbara’s eBook on teenage dogs (upgrade to paperback +$10). We take a maximum of five-eight dogs per course, depending on location. Our course focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement for the theory, and then the practice concentrates on:
- Getting your dog’s attention
- Self control
- Sit for greeting (not jumping up)
- Lie down
- Walk on a loose lead
- Coffee shop manners and dog park behaviour
- Door and car etiquette
- Meeting people, kids and other dogs
- The all-important come when called (Recall)
- Leave things such as chicken bones in the street, cats and other exciting things to be avoided
- Tricks, games and agility
Teenage & Rescue dog training aims for calm and confident dogs in real life situations, basically a dog you can take anywhere (or at least set them up to achieve this stage) and are a pleasure to be around. We also focus on trick training as this improves the relationship and is fun for dogs and their humans (and impresses your friends!). Family members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Goodog owner Barbara Hodel’s book on teenage dogs is available here – How to love and survive your teenage dog by Barbara Hodel.
– Balgowlah: Monday’s 11:15am
– Seaforth: Monday’s 6pm
– Terrey Hills: Wednesday’s 7:10pm (previously the Forestville class)
– Collaroy: Thursday’s 5:45pm
– Full listing: Our Next Classes
New Year schedule: Teenage classes take a break between mid December and resume after Australia Day in January. Book in early for either the last class of the year or the first of next year.
If you’re not in the Northern Beaches and would like an online class, please call or email us 0424 740 234, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSW Health Order info
- If restrictions are announced this class will move outside of the hall until they ease again. Or, if outdoor activities are also restricted this class will move online (live), with additional in-person classes (see next main bullet point).
- The start time for outdoors classes might be earlier to capture the light before sundown (there are no lights outside the hall).
- The start time and day for online classes might change.
- If you attend extended online classes, Goodog offers additional in-person playgroup sessions once the health order eases, and at no extra cost.
- When in class please keep to a maximum of 3 people per pup and maintain 4sqm distancing from other groups when in class, entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall. We may be able to accommodate some requests for guests, let us know.
- Stay away if you are unwell. Another family member/friend who you’ve had no contact with can attend with your puppy or we will arrange a make-up session where available and when you are well again.
- More info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Goodog owner and head trainer Barbara is Delta qualified and a member of the Delta Institute and Professional Pet Guild Australia. Barbara also holds a Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology. View our trainer profiles here.