For Teenage & Rescue dog training see below. You can also email us with any questions email@example.com, call 0424 740 234 or make a booking.
NSW Health Order info
- Please keep to 3 persons (Seaforth & Collaroy) and 2 persons (Balgowlah & Forestville) per booking group and maintain 4 sqm from other groups while the NSW health order is in effect.
- We may be able to accommodate some requests for extra guests, let us know.
- Stay away if you are unwell. Another family member/friend who you’ve had no/low contact with can attend with your puppy or we will arrange a make-up session when you are well again.
- If there is any change to the NSW Health order and community halls are closed, the class will continue either outdoors or online.
Our Teenage & Rescue dog training course is either in-person for five sessions or online for four sessions (one hour each session) and costs $260 (in-person) and $210 (online) which includes a starter-pack and hand-out notes. We take a maximum of five-eight dogs per course, depending on location. Our course focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement for the theory, and then the practice concentrates on:
* getting your dog’s attention
* self control
* sit for greeting (not jumping up)
* lie down
* walk on a loose lead
* coffee shop manners and dog park behaviour
* door and car etiquette
* meeting people, kids and other dogs
* the all-important come when called
* leave things such as chicken bones in the street, cats and other exciting things to be avoided
* tricks, games and agility
Teenage & Rescue dog training aims for calm and confident dogs in real life situations, basically a dog you can take anywhere (or at least set them up to achieve this stage) and are a pleasure to be around. We also focus on trick training as this improves the relationship and is fun for dogs and their humans (and impresses your friends!). Family members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Goodog owner Barbara Hodel’s book on teenage dogs is available here – How to love and survive your teenage dog by Barbara Hodel.
– Balgowlah: Monday’s 11:15am
– Seaforth: Monday’s 6pm
– Forestville: Wednesday’s 7:10pm
– Collaroy: Thursday’s 5:45pm
– Full listing: Our Next Classes
Please call or email us to enquire about online classes. Dates and times change depending on interest.
We are Delta qualified and member of the Delta Institute and Professional Pet Guild Australia. Goodog owner and head trainer Barbara, also holds a Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology. View our trainer profiles here.