NSW Health order: Classes continue during stay-at-home orders. Please see how that works in the NSW Health Order info below
Goodog Teenage & Rescue Dog Classes
For Teenage & Rescue dog training see below. You can also email us with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0424 740 234 or make a booking.
Dog training classes for teenage or rescue dogs run for five lessons (one hour each lesson) and costs $280 which includes an introductory video (lesson 1 theory), starter-pack, hand-out notes and Barbara’s eBook on teenage dogs (upgrade to paperback +$10). We take a maximum of five-eight dogs per course, depending on location. Our course focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement for the theory, and then the practice concentrates on:
- Walking on a loose lead
- Come when called (recall)
- Front door & guest etiquette
- Sit for greeting (not jumping up)
- Meeting people, kids and other dogs
- Leave things such as chicken bones, cats and other exciting things to be avoided.
- Calm and self control
- Dog park behaviour
- Getting your dog’s attention
- Coffee shop manners
- Sit, stay and lie down
- Door and car etiquette
- Tricks, games and Agility
Teenage & Rescue dog training aims for calm and confident dogs in real life situations, basically a dog you can take anywhere (or at least set them up to achieve this stage) and are a pleasure to be around. We also focus on trick training as this improves the relationship and is fun for dogs and their humans (and impresses your friends!). Family members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Goodog owner Barbara Hodel’s book on teenage dogs is available here – How to love and survive your teenage dog by Barbara Hodel.
– Balgowlah: Monday’s 11:15am
– Seaforth: Monday’s 6pm
– Terrey Hills: Wednesday’s 7:10pm (previously the Forestville class)
– Collaroy: Thursday’s 5:45pm
– Full listing: Our Next Classes
Public Holidays: We skip some important public holidays and continue though others. Goodog sends a schedule when you book to let you know.
If you’re not in the Northern Beaches and would like an online class, please call or email us 0424 740 234, email@example.com.
NSW Health Order info
- If restrictions are announced some classes may move outdoors (to a safe space), another location, online (LIVE), or attendee numbers may be limited. If you attend 2 or more online classes, Goodog offers additional in-person playgroup sessions once the health order eases, and at no extra cost.
- More info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Goodog owner and head trainer Barbara is Delta qualified and a member of the Delta Institute and Professional Pet Guild Australia. Barbara also holds a Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology. View our trainer profiles here.