Dog Grooming: Consent Behaviour, Nail File & Trim
In our Dog Grooming: Consent Behaviour, Nail File & Trim workshop we teach you behaviours around dog grooming. This will help your dog be less anxious at the vet, or when you are handling them for other grooming needs. First, you’ll learn about dog consent. When dogs give consent, they are less anxious and so it’s a better time to clip their nails or even add drops to their ears. Next, we’ll work with a sand paper board and show you how your dog can file their own nails. Here is a video showing us working with a young dog: Dog self nail filing. Once you’ve mastered consent behaviours, we’ll show you how to trim your pups nails. Nail trimming equipment is available for use in class, but if you have your own clippers bring them along.
- Prerequisites: any dog or puppy who is friendly with people and other dogs can join.
- 2 hour workshop for $90
- Workshops are on Thursday afternoons 1–3pm at Terrey Hills Scout Hall/Girl Guides.
- If no workshop dates are scheduled, or you’d like to join a future workshop:
- Complete contact info, and
- select WORKSHOP, then
- tick the Workshops that you’re interested in.
- Goodog will contact you once a new workshop schedule is announced.