$125.00 – $250.00 inc. GST
Puppy Preschool – Seaforth Vet 6pm
- We strongly recommend Puppy Preschool for better training and socialisation outcomes.
- For full class info, scroll down to ‘Description’ below.
- This was the Wednesday Balgowlah preschool but has moved back to Seaforth Vet now that the health restrictions have eased.
- Goodog Puppy Preschool runs for 5 classes over 4 weeks with 1 at-home recorded lesson and 4 LIVE classes.
- This class commences approx. once a month.
- Puppies should join preschool anytime between 8-14 weeks with at least their 1st vaccination.
- If your pup is 13-14 weeks and the classes are full, contact us as we have solutions for older pups.
- When classes are At-Home LIVE we can extend this period to 8–20 weeks for some pups, however we recommend starting as close to 14 weeks as possible.
- Health orders.
- In-person classes are accessible to fully vaccinated people who can show their status. If you have an accredited exemption or paper only documentation please contact us prior to booking.
- If health restrictions occur, see how classes operate in the section below – Health orders and extreme events info.
How to book:
Already made a purchase with Goodog? Login to your account first: My Account – reset your password if necessary. Then follow the steps below.
- Add your item to the cart and checkout – we accept VISA, Mastercard or PayPal.
- If also purchasing the paperback book, please do so in a separate transaction otherwise the shipping will calculate incorrectly. We will refund the extra amount if this occurs.
- If the class is full, orders are assigned to the next available class.
- At least a 50% deposit is required to secure your booking, or pay the full amount.
- Return to this page to pay any balance before class starts.
- Info and policy on: missed classes and cancellations.
Goodog Puppy Preschool Tuesdays in Seaforth covers socialisation and training for puppies starting between 8 – 14 weeks.
Tuesdays 6pm, Seaforth Vet
- The class:
- Class commences approximately once a month at Seaforth Vet.
- 5 lessons: 4 LIVE lessons, one hour per week and 1 at-home recorded lesson (28mins) to complete in your own time. More than 1 hour can be too tiring for pups and they can lose interest.
- You receive a class recap and homework email each week to continue training at home between classes.
- Goodog supplies treats and chews, however please bring your own if your puppy has a sensitive stomach. Please arrange your pups treats for At-Home LIVE classes.
- If you attend two or more At-Home LIVE classes, we add in-person puppy-to-puppy socialisation later on when the health order allows it.
- Goodog Puppy Students and Graduates also have access to our Puppy Playdates program, where you can arrange park dates with other Goodog puppies. This is especially helpful during stay-at-home orders as we list each puppies LGA. We have puppies listed in the Northern Beaches, Greater Sydney, other parts of NSW and in VIC.
- Prerequisites for in-person classes:
- Puppies require their 1st vaccination to start class (classes are indoors).
- Puppies can start preschool sometime between 8-14 weeks. If your pup is 13-14 weeks and classes are full, contact us as we sometimes have last minute options for older pups – email@example.com.
- Missing a class: There are no make-up classes so please attend your scheduled class.
- Check Our Next Classes for all start dates.
Goodog Puppy Preschool on Tuesdays in Seaforth Vet is designed for puppies starting between 8 and 14 weeks. We teach all the basics (name, sit, lie down, come when called, high five, roll over) and much more and we explain how to properly socialise your puppy, how to house train and trouble shooting for mouthing, home alone, children and dogs and more.
- Goodog Puppy Preschool can sell-out approx. 3 weeks in advance so book early and as soon as you decide to welcome a new puppy.
- If your pup is already over the age limits for Puppy Preschool, book into a Teenage Dog training class.
- Goodog classes require a minimum number of confirmed bookings to go ahead, which is good for us but also good for pup socialisation and interaction. If we feel the number won’t be reached we may postpone the start date by a week or offer a class at a different location.
NSW Health Order info
Classes continue during health order restrictions and most extreme events.
- If restrictions are announced some classes may move outdoors (to a safe space), another location or time, or be At-Home LIVE (online). If you attend extended At-Home LIVE classes, Goodog offers additional in-person socialisation once the health order eases and at no extra cost.
- Read more about how At-Home LIVE online classes work.
- When attending in-person classes during health orders please keep to the attendee limits.
- Usually this is 2 people per pup and can be reduced depending on the order.
- We may be able to accommodate some requests for extra guests, let us know.
- Also please maintain distancing from other groups when in class, entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall.
- Latest health order updates and info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
- Extreme events: classes may still go ahead, however the class may move to another location or time, or be At-Home LIVE (online) if the access to the location is affected.
Your trainer is: Nathan*
Nathan has a Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training from the National Dog Trainers Federation. Nathan started his career at Monica’s doggie rescue in 2015 and has always had a strong affinity for animals and a particularly strong interest in the bond between canine and Homo sapiens.
He also found purpose in caring for all the dogs in the shelter, however became more focussed on how he could prevent dogs ending up in shelters in the first place.
Nathan’s best friend is 4 year old Bull Arab cross breed, Albie who is outgoing and a very good dog.
Albie arrived at Monika’s rescue when he was 1 year old and remained there for 18 months before finding his forever home with Nathan. Albie and Nathan have now been together for almost 2 years and are inseparable.
- Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training (National Dog Trainers Federation)
- Member of Pet Professional Guild Australia (PPGA)
* Trainers may change.