$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST
Teenage Class Seaforth – Monday’s, 6pm
○ We strongly recommend this class to assist working with teen and older dogs.
○ Here is more info on teen and older dogs: How to help your teenage dog
○ Dogs can join a teenage class anytime from 16 weeks and up until a much older age.
○ Goodog Teenage runs for 5 classes over 4 weeks with 1 at home online lesson.
○ Teenage class commences approximately once a month.
○ Classes are $280 which includes an eBook on teen and older dogs (+$10 for paperback).
○ At-Home LIVE online classes: active until 27th Aug. About At-Home LIVE.
○ PreBookings: book now for a future date after the health order eases.
How to book:
○ Select your class date, book type and payment choice to the cart and checkout.
○ Book Type: eBook is no extra cost, whereas paperback is +$10.
○ VISA, Mastercard or PayPal accepted.
○ If the class is full, orders are assigned to the next available class.
○ A 50% deposit is required to secure your booking, or pay the full amount.
○ Return to this page to pay any balance before class starts.
○ Info on: missed classes and cancellations
○ See NSW Health order info below or: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Dog training classes for teenage or rescue dogs in Seaforth run for five sessions (one hour each session) and costs $280 which includes a starter-pack, class recap and homework notes each week, and Barbara’s eBook on teenage dogs (upgrade to paperback +$10).
Training for teenage or rescue dogs – Seaforth
- Monday’s 6pm
- 5 sessions over 4 weeks, one hour each session
- Lesson 1 is an online lesson and can be watched at home in your own time.
- Lessons 2–5 are in-person from the start date.
- Dog vaccination history is required before pups first class.
- We take a maximum of six dogs in this course.
- Location: Seaforth Scout Hall, Sangrado Park.
This class is designed for teenage and rescue dogs from 4 months (16 weeks) and focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement. Goodog will provide revision of the basics (attention, sit, lie down, leave it) and then we move onto getting your dog’s attention, self control, sit for greeting (not jumping up), lie down, walk on a loose lead, coffee shop manners, dog park behaviour, door/car etiquette, meeting people, kids and other dogs, the all-important come when called (recall), stay, leave things (such as chicken bones or cats), tricks, games and an introduction to Agility.
Goodog training for teenage or rescue dogs will set your dog up for being the perfect companion when out and about and being calm when home alone.
Do not schedule desexing or surgery just before or during the course. Training occurs every day over the course and dogs need rest, they will miss a class and we cannot schedule a make-up session. Also, remember to research about breeds and the best ages to desex your pup (or not). Here’s an article to start: Desexing.
Read all about Barbara’s book here: How to love and survive your teenage dog.
- The eBook can be read on browser or ebook readers via iOS, Android, Mac, PC, Kindle Fire or Chromebook.
- Add the free Vitalsource Bookshelf app to your device and create a free account.
- Goodog will send full instructions once class is purchased.
- More about Vitalsource Bookshelf.
- Retail cost: $24, however no extra cost with a Goodog Teenage class.
- ISBN 978-1-922452-05-4
- The paperback retails at $29, however is $10 with a Goodog Teenage class.
- The paperback is available in the first in-person class. If you’d like the book earlier, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (shipping $9.90).
- ISBN 978-1-922337-56-6
NSW Health order info:
Classes continue during any health order restrictions. Please read how that occurs below or here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
- If further restrictions are announced this class will move outside of the hall until they ease again. Or, if outdoor activities are also restricted this class will move online (live), with additional in-person classes (see next main bullet point).
- The start time for outdoors classes might be slightly earlier to capture the light before sundown (there are no lights outside the hall).
- The start time and day for online classes might change.
- If you attend extended online classes, Goodog offers additional in-person playgroup sessions once the health order eases, and at no extra cost.
- When in class please keep to a maximum of 2 persons per pup and maintain distancing from other groups, also when entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall. We may be able to accommodate some requests for guests, let us know.
- Common questions about At-Home LIVE online classes.
- Latest health order updates and info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
- Goodog classes require a minimum number of confirmed bookings to go ahead, which is good for us but also good for pup socialisation and interaction. If we feel the number won’t be reached we may postpone the start date by a week or two.
Your trainer is: Jessie*
Jessie graduated in 2010 from TAFE with a certificate 4 in Veterinary Nursing and has been working in clinics for the past 6 years, currently at the Seaforth Veterinary Clinic.
Jessie holds a Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services from the Delta Society 2015.
She has a wheaten and white border collie named Ollie, who is 7yrs old. He has made her the trainer she is today because of the ongoing training she has done with him. He has given her the passion for training and taught her a lot about canine behaviour and body language.
They have recently started agility and both are really enjoying it.
* Trainers may change.
You may also like…
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Terrey Hills$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Collaroy$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options
Fun Agility Class – Balgowlah$25.00 inc. GST Select options
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Balgowlah$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options