$20.00 – $290.00 inc. GST
Teenage Class Collaroy – Thursday’s, 5:45pm
- We strongly recommend this class to assist working with teen, rescue, apartment and older dogs.
- Info on teen and older dogs: How to help your teenage dog
- Dogs can join a teenage class anytime from 16 weeks and up until a much older age.
- Goodog Teenage runs for 5 classes over 4 weeks with 1 at-home recorded lesson.
- Teenage class commences approximately once a month.
- Classes are $280 which includes an eBook on teen and older dogs (+$10 for paperback).
- At-Home LIVE online classes:
- Health order currently active until 30th Sept. About At-Home LIVE.
- In-person classes recommence approx. 21st October:
- Reserve your spot now for only $20. The balance is due closer to the start date.
- We anticipate that in-person classes will be accessible to fully vaccinated people who can show their status.
- We will postpone the start date pending the health order.
How to book:
- Select your class date, book type and payment choice to the cart and checkout.
- Book Type: eBook is no extra cost, whereas paperback is +$10.
- VISA, Mastercard or PayPal accepted.
- If the class is full, orders are assigned to the next available class.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure your booking or, pay the full amount
- For classes returning in October 2021, only pay $20 now and the balance later.
- Return to this page to pay any balance before class starts.
- Info on: missed classes and cancellations
- See NSW Health order info below or: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Dog training classes for teenage or rescue dogs in Collaroy run for five sessions (one hour each session) and costs $280 which includes a starter-pack, class recap and homework notes each week, and Barbara’s eBook on teenage dogs (upgrade to paperback +$10).
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Collaroy
- Thursday’s 5:45pm
- 5 sessions over 4 weeks, one hour each session
- Lesson 1 is a recorded lesson and can be watched at home in your own time.
- Lessons 2–5 are LIVE from the start date.
- Dog vaccination history required before your pups first in-person class.
- We take a maximum of six dogs in this course.
- Location: Collaroy Scout Hall, Anzac Reserve, Kent St.
This class is designed for teenage and rescue dogs from 4 months (16 weeks) and focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement. Goodog will provide revision of the basics (attention, sit, lie down, leave it) and then we move onto getting your dog’s attention, self control, sit for greeting (not jumping up), lie down, walk on a loose lead, coffee shop manners, dog park behaviour, door/car etiquette, meeting people, kids and other dogs, the all-important come when called (recall), stay, leave things (such as chicken bones or cats), tricks, games and an introduction to Agility.
Goodog training for teenage or rescue dogs will set your dog up for being the perfect companion when out and about and being calm when home alone.
Do not schedule desexing or surgery just before or during the course. Training occurs every day over the course and dogs need rest, they will miss a class and we cannot schedule a make-up session. Also, remember to research about breeds and the best ages to desex your pup (or not). Here’s an article to start: Desexing.
Read all about Barbara’s book here: How to love and survive your teenage dog.
- The eBook can be read on browser or ebook readers via iOS, Android, Mac, PC, Kindle Fire or Chromebook.
- Add the free Vitalsource Bookshelf app to your device and create a free account.
- Goodog will send full instructions once class is purchased.
- More about Vitalsource Bookshelf.
- Retail cost: $24, however no extra cost with a Goodog Teenage class.
- ISBN 978-1-922452-05-4
- The paperback retails at $29, however is $10 with a Goodog Teenage class.
- The paperback is available in from the first in-person class. If you’d like the book earlier, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (shipping $9.90).
- ISBN 978-1-922337-56-6
NSW Health order info:
Classes continue during any health order restrictions. Please read how that occurs below or here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
- If further restrictions are announced this class will move outside of the hall until they ease again. Or, if outdoor activities are also restricted this class will move At-Home LIVE (online), with additional in-person classes (see next main bullet point).
- The start time for outdoors classes might be slightly earlier to capture the light before sundown (there are no lights outside the hall).
- The start time and day for online classes might change.
- If you attend extended online classes, Goodog offers additional in-person playgroup sessions once the health order eases, at no extra cost.
- When in class please keep to a the people per pup limits (depending on the health order) and maintain distancing from other groups, also when entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall.
- Usually the limit is 2 people per pup and can reduce depending on the order.
- We may also be able to accommodate some requests for guests, let us know.
- Common questions about At-Home LIVE online classes.
- Latest health order updates and info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
- Goodog classes require a minimum number of confirmed bookings to go ahead, which is good for us but also good for pup socialisation and interaction. If we feel the number won’t be reached we may postpone the start date by a week or two.
Your trainer is: Jess*
Jess’s animal care career began when she took a job as a kennel hand at a local dog rescue in 2012. Initially Jess only knew that she wanted to help to look after and give love to the dogs. However, her interest in training and behaviour was sparked by the realisation that many dogs are surrendered to pounds and shelters as a result of preventable behaviour problems.
This thought was strengthened by Jess’s decision to foster and then adopt a big, beautiful dog called Snow who required a lot of ongoing training to help her feel safe and secure in the world away from the shelter. In 2014, Jess completed her first dog training accreditation through TAFE NSW and has not looked back. Snow sadly passed away at 14 years of age in 2017. Jess has now fulfilled a childhood dream and is owned by Odin the teenage Rottweiler.
- SOA Dog Training (TAFE NSW)
- Certificate II Animal Studies• Diploma Canine Behaviour Science and Technology (CASI) • Living and Learning with Animals (Behavior Works)
- Member of Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- Member of Pet Professional GuildMember of Association of Animal Behaviour Professionals
Jess has been accepted into the Karen Pyror Academy Dog Trainer Professional Program which was unfortunately postponed to 2021 due to the global pandemic.
* Trainers may change.
You may also like…
Fun Agility Class – Balgowlah$25.00 inc. GST Select options
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – At-Home LIVE + Balgowlah$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – At-Home LIVE + Terrey Hills$140.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Seaforth$20.00 – $290.00 inc. GST Select options