Date(s) - 04/05/2022
7:10 pm - 8:10 pm
Terrey Hills Scout Hall
Dog training classes for teenage or rescue dogs in Terrey Hills run for five sessions (one hour each session) and costs $280 which includes a starter-pack, hand-out notes and Barbara’s eBook on teenage dogs (upgrade to paperback +$10). This was the Forestville class, which has now moved to Terrey Hills.
Training for teenage or rescue dogs – Terrey Hills
- Wednesdays 7:10pm, or special 6pm course starting on Wed 4th May 2022
- 5 sessions over 4 weeks, one hour each session
- Lesson 1 is a recorded lesson and can be watched at home in your own time.
- Lessons 2–5 are LIVE from the start date.
- Dog vaccination history required before your pups first in-person class.
- We take a maximum of eight dogs in this course.
- Location: Terrey Hills Scout Hall on Beltana Ave
This class is designed for teenage and rescue dogs from 4 months (16 weeks) and focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement. Goodog will provide revision of the basics (attention, sit, lie down, leave it) and then moves onto getting your dog’s attention, self control, sit for greeting (not jumping up), lie down, walk on a loose lead, coffee shop manners and dog park behaviour, door and car etiquette, meeting people, kids and other dogs, the all-important come when called, stay, leave things such as chicken bones in the street or cats and other exciting things to be avoided, tricks, games and an introduction to Agility.
Goodog training for teenage or rescue dogs will set your dog up for being the perfect companion when out and about and being calm when home alone.
To book this class, select: Teenage & Rescue Dogs Terrey Hills
NSW Health order info:
Classes continue during any health order restrictions. Please read how that occurs below or here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
- If restrictions are announced this class could move outside of the hall and earlier to catch the daylight until they ease again. Or, if outdoor activities are also restricted this class will move At-Home LIVE (online), with additional in-person classes later on (see next main bullet point).
- The start time for outdoors classes might be slightly earlier to capture the light before sundown (there are no lights outside the hall).
- The start time and day for At-Home LIVE classes might change.
- If you attend extended At-Home LIVE classes, Goodog offers additional in-person playgroup sessions once the health order eases, at no extra cost.
- When attending in-person classes please keep to a the people per pup limits (depending on the health order) and maintain distancing from other groups, also when entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall. Usually the limit is 2 people per pup (excluding kids ≤12) and can be reduced depending on the order. We may also be able to accommodate some requests for guests, let us know.
- Common questions about At-Home LIVE online classes.
- Latest health order updates and info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Read all about Barbara’s book here: How to love and survive your teenage dog.
- The eBook can be read on browser or ebook readers via iOS, Android, Mac, PC, Kindle Fire or Chromebook.
- Add the free Vitalsource Bookshelf app to your device and create a free account.
- Goodog will send full instructions once class is purchased.
- More about Vitalsource Bookshelf.
- Retail cost: $24, however no extra cost with a Goodog Teenage class.
- ISBN 978-1-922452-05-4
- The paperback retails at $29, however is $10 with a Goodog Teenage class.
- The paperback is available in from the first in-person class. If you’d like the book earlier, contact email@example.com (shipping $9.90).
- ISBN 978-1-922337-56-6
Your trainer is: Barbara
In 2015 Barbara completed her Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology at the Companion Animal Sciences Institute in Canada.
Barbara has been involved in dog training for the last 20 years and has completed her Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services with the Delta Society in 2007 and is a professional member of the Delta Institute.
She competes in the dog sport of Agility and Rally O and Shellbe (a German short-haired pointer) competes on Master level in Agility and Rally O. Chillax, one of Shellbe’s puppies, competes in Rally O and got his Rally Novice title in October 2019. He is just starting out in Agility.
Barbara is the President of the Pet Professional Guild Australia. The Guild promotes force free and humane training for all pets. View Barbara’s and all our trainers full profiles in About Us.
You can contact Barbara on Barbara@goodog.com.au.