Date(s) - 05/02/2024
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Terrigal Girl Guides
Teenage Dog Training in Terrigal runs for five sessions (one hour each session) and costs $280 which includes a starter-pack, hand-out notes and Barbara’s eBook on teenage dogs (upgrade to paperback +$10).
Teenage Dog Training in Terrigal
- Mondays 6pm
- 5 sessions over 4 weeks, one hour each session
- Lesson 1 is a theory lesson on video and can be watched at home in your own time.
- Lessons 2–5 are in-person from the start date.
- Dog vaccination history required before your pups first class.
- We take a maximum of four dogs in this course.
The teenage dog Training in terrigal course is designed for teenage and rescue dogs from 4 months (16 weeks) and focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement. Goodog will provide revision of the basics (attention, sit, lie down, leave it) and then moves onto getting your dog’s attention, self control, sit for greeting (not jumping up), lie down, walk on a loose lead, coffee shop manners and dog park behaviour, door and car etiquette, meeting people, kids and other dogs, the all-important come when called, stay, leave things such as chicken bones in the street or cats and other exciting things to be avoided, tricks, games and an introduction to Agility.
Goodog training for teenage or rescue dogs will set your dog up for being the perfect companion when out and about and being calm when home alone.
To book this class, select: Teenage & Rescue Dogs Terrigal
Read all about Barbara’s book here: How to love and survive your teenage dog.
- The eBook can be read on browser or ebook readers via iOS, Android, Mac, PC, Kindle Fire or Chromebook.
- Add the free Vitalsource Bookshelf app to your device and create a free account.
- Goodog will send full instructions once class is purchased.
- More about Vitalsource Bookshelf.
- Retail cost: $24, however no extra cost with a Goodog Teenage class.
- ISBN 978-1-922452-05-4
- The paperback retails at $29, however is $10 with a Goodog Teenage class.
- ISBN 978-1-922337-56-6
Your trainer is: Amy
Amy has completed her formal qualification with the Dunbar Academy in both SIRIUS and Science Based Dog Training courses.
Once Amy rescued Loki she knew he needed more patience and training than other dogs. Investigating and understanding Loki’s needs led Amy to become an accredited dog trainer. So, with all that knowledge Amy moved onto assisting other dogs with behavioural needs.
- SIRIUS Dog Trainer Academy (Puppy and Adult Dogs) – Dunbar Academy
- Science Based Dog Training – Dunbar Academy
- Member of Pet Professional Guild Australia (PPGA)
- Owner Coast Canine Care – NSW Central Coast.
- The Dunbar Academy is accredited by:
- The Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) – USA
- The National Association of Dog Obedience Instruction (NADOI) – USA
- The International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) – USA