Date(s) - 01/02/2024
5:45 pm - 6:45 pm
Kent St Collaroy Anzac Reserve
Dog training classes for teenage or rescue dogs in Collaroy run for five sessions (one hour each session) and costs $280 which includes a starter-pack, hand-out notes and Barbara’s eBook on teenage dogs (upgrade to paperback +$10).
Dog training for teenage or rescue dogs – Collaroy
- Thursdays 5:45pm
- 5 sessions over 4 weeks, one hour each session
- Lesson 1 is a recorded at-home lesson (online) and can be watched in your own time before Lesson 2.
- Lessons 2–5 are in-person from the start date.
- Dog vaccination history is required before your pups first class.
- We take a maximum of five dogs in this course.
This class is designed for teenage and rescue dogs from 4 months (16 weeks) and focuses on things such as how dogs learn, body language and positive reinforcement. Goodog will provide revision of the basics (attention, sit, lie down, leave it). We then move onto:
- getting your dog’s attention
- self control
- sit for greeting (not jumping up)
- lie down
- walk on a loose lead
- coffee shop manners and dog park behaviour
- door and car etiquette
- meeting people
- kids and other dogs
- the all-important come when called
- leave things such as chicken bones in the street or cats and other exciting things to be avoided
- tricks and games, and
- an introduction to Agility.
Goodog training for teenage or rescue dogs will set your dog up for being the perfect companion when out and about and being calm when home alone.
To book this class, select: Teenage & Rescue Dogs Collaroy
Your trainer is: Abbey*
Abbey trains Goodog classes:
🐶 Puppy Preschool on Saturdays in Balgowlah
🐶 Teenage dogs on Saturdays in Balgowlah
🐶 Teenage dogs on Thursdays in Collaroy
Abbey has been in love with animals her whole life and started her animal career at Monikas Doggie rescue in 2017. Since caring for shelter dogs her interest in dog behaviour grew and developed into studying a Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training.
Abbey is passionate about helping families build a strong, positive relationship with their dogs to prevent dogs ending up in shelters.
Abbey is currently training her roommate’s dog, 4 year old Italian Greyhound Frank.
Here she is training rescue dog Kobe.
- Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training (National Dog Trainers Federation)
- Member of Pet Professional Guild Australia (PPGA)
Learn more about Abbey and other Goodog trainers here: About Us
* Trainers may change.