Date(s) - 03/07/2021
2:40 pm - 3:40 pm
Pickworth Ave, Balgowlah
Goodog Puppy Preschool aims for confident and well adjusted pups. Puppy classes are on the Northern Beaches and for pups starting between 8 – 14 weeks.
- Saturday’s at 2:40pm
- 5 lessons: 4 in-person lessons, one hour per week. 1 at home video lesson to complete in your own time.
- Puppies should start class sometime during 8-14 weeks (14 weeks is the last week they can start class).
- Puppy Preschool is $250 for 5 lessons.
- If your pup is already over 14 weeks of age, book into a Teenage class.
Goodog puppy preschool Balgowlah is designed for puppies starting between 8 and 14 weeks. We teach all the basics (name, sit, lie down, come when called, high five, roll over) and much more and we explain how to properly socialise your puppy, how to house train and trouble shooting for mouthing, home alone, children and dogs and more.
We also believe puppy to puppy interaction is extremely important for a well adjusted dog. At Goodog Puppy Preschool socialisation and training we teach the puppies to interact appropriately with other dogs in our carefully managed and moderated play session.
To book this class, select: Puppy Preschool Saturday’s
NSW Health Order info
- If further restrictions are announced this class may move outside of the hall until they ease again. If outdoor activities are also restricted, or the outdoor spot is not deemed safe for puppies this class will move online (live) or to another location. Online classes include additional in-person classes (see next main bullet point).
- The start time or day for outdoor or online classes might change.
- If you attend extended online classes, Goodog offers additional in-person puppy playgroup sessions once the health order eases, and at no extra cost.
- When in class please keep to a maximum of 3 persons per pup and maintain 4sqm distancing from other groups when in class, entering and exiting the hall and while outside the hall. We may be able to accommodate some requests for guests, let us know.
- More info here: Goodog is COVID Safe.
Your trainers are:
Jess’s animal care career began when she took a job as a kennel hand at a local dog rescue in 2012. Initially Jess only knew that she wanted to help to look after and give love to the dogs. However, her interest in training and behaviour was sparked by the realisation that many dogs are surrendered to pounds and shelters as a result of preventable behaviour problems.
This thought was strengthened by Jess’s decision to foster and then adopt a big, beautiful dog called Snow who required a lot of ongoing training to help her feel safe and secure in the world away from the shelter. In 2014, Jess completed her first dog training accreditation through TAFE NSW and has not looked back. Snow sadly passed away at 14 years of age in 2017. Jess has now fulfilled a childhood dream and is owned by Odin the teenage Rottweiler.
- SOA Dog Training (TAFE NSW)
- Certificate II Animal Studies• Diploma Canine Behaviour Science and Technology (CASI) • Living and Learning with Animals (Behavior Works)
- Member of Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- Member of Pet Professional GuildMember of Association of Animal Behaviour Professionals
Jess has been accepted into the Karen Pyror Academy Dog Trainer Professional Program which was unfortunately postponed to 2021 due to the global pandemic.
In 2015 Barbara completed her Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology at the Companion Animal Sciences Institute in Canada. Barbara has been involved in dog training for the last 20 years and has completed her Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services with the Delta Society in 2007 and is a professional member of the Delta Institute.
Barbara is the President of the Pet Professional Guild Australia. The Guild promotes force free and humane training for all pets.
Barbara holds a Master’s Degree in Modern European History and Economics from the University of Berne (Switzerland) and a MBA (Master of Business Administration) from Southern Cross University Australia. In addition, Barbara has in-depth experience in adult education and training, having taught high school and university students in Berne, college students in Sydney, as well as middle and top management employees of a large public corporation in Switzerland. View Barbara’s and all trainers full profiles in About Us.